List of Upcoming IPOs in 2020–2021 / Part 2
🧐 Let me guess?
You are in the thick of a busy IPO season and chances are you are weighing the pros and cons before building a new strategy of portfolio.
You definitely think about — how you can maximize your chances of getting share allotment in an IPO and to choose the right companies.
But before that, do consider the fundamental and valuation aspects of the issue before you make up your mind to bid for the IPO. You need to take a step in advance, and not at the moment when the company provided the S1 form and announces it publicly.
🥳 Congratulations, you are @ the right place. This blog-series about companies that will go public in the near future 🚀
Nearly 200 companies are expected to go public in 2020
Here are the ones to watch 👇
SpaceX IPO (Most likely 2021 or Q1 2022)
- Founded Date — 2002 (HQ, LA, CA)
- Founders — Elon Musk
Funding traction, total raised ~$4.5B + secure deals
- Series A — 2002 at val. $71M, $1 pps
- Series B — 2005 at val. $160M, $2 pps
- Series C — 2007 at val. $300M, $3 pps
- Series D — 2008 at val. $420M, $3.88 pps
- Series E — 2009 at val. $550M, $4.50 pps
- Series F — 2010 at val. $970M, $7.50 pps
- Tender deal at val. $15B, $96.42 pps
- Series H +follow up— 2017 at val. $21B, $135 pps
- Series I — 2018 at val. $27B, $169 pps
- Series J — 2018 at val. $31B, $186 pps
- Series K — 2019 at val. $33B, $204 pps
- Series L — 2019 at val. $35B, $214 pps
- Series M — 2020 at val. $37B, $220 pps
- Series N — 2020 at val. $44B, ~$270 pps (source)
- Series N-1–2020 at val. $46B, $276 pps (source)
DataBricks IPO (Forecast Q3 2021)
- Founded Date — 2013 (HQ, SF, CA)
- Founders — Ali Ghodsi, Andy Konwinski, Ion Stoica, Matei Zaharia, Patrick Wendell, Reynold Xin, Scott Shenker
Funding traction, total raised ~$897M + secure deals
- Series A — 2013 at val. $50M, $0.78 pps
- Series B — 2014 at val. $240M, $3.35 pps
- Series C — 2016 at val. $510M, $5.90 pps
- Series D — 2017 at val. $940M, $8.38 pps
- Series E — 2019 at val. $2.7B, $21.29 pps
- Series F — 2019 at val. $6.2B, $42.95 pps (source)
Instacart IPO (2021)
Funding traction, total raised ~$2.17B + secure deals
- Series A — 2013 at val. $26M, $2.98 pps
- Series B/B1–2014 at val. $400M, $2.98 pps
- Series C — 2014 at val. $2.1B, $13.31 pps
- Series D/D1–2017 at val. $3.5B, $18.52 pps
- Series E /E1— 2018 at val. $4.37B, $20.11 pps
- Series F — 2018 at val. $7.6B, $29.74 pps
- Series G — 2020 at val. $13.74B, $48.09 pps (source)
McAfee M&A or IPO 🤷
- Founded Date — 1987 (HQ, Santa Clara, CA)
- Founders — John McAfee, Petko Stoyanov, Ravi Kannan
Funding traction — n/a
Zeus Kerravala, principal analyst at ZK Research, said the CEO hire signals McAfee wants to sell rather than go public. If they hired Peter Leav they are setting up to sell. He’s done a tremendous job of completely revamping the structure of his last two companies and making them more operationally efficient. If they wanted to IPO, they would have hired somebody who was more of a visionary. With Peter, he’s an operations machine. There may be nobody better at it than him. If they want to sell, he’s certainly a good fit.
Poshmark IPO (Forecast Q4 2020)
- Founded Date — 2011 (HQ, Redwood City, CA)
- Founders — Chetan Pungaliya, Gautam Golwala, Manish Chandra, Tracy Sun
Funding traction, total raised ~$153M + secure deals
- Series A — 2011 at val. $10M, $0.37 pps
- Series B/B1 — 2012 at val. $50M (post-money), $1.37 and $1.59 pps
- Series C/C1–2015 at val. $165M (post-money), $2.6 pps
- Series D — 2017 at val. $625M (post-money), $8.37 pps
In September 2019 Poshmark decided to Delay IPO until 2020 (source).
Based on the latest news from Poshmark before the pandemic effect, the company had every chance of reaching the public market, ref. — Poshmark surpasses 100M resale transactions in February 2020.
To be continued…
👉 PART 8
About the Author
Mr. Koch — a serial entrepreneur and late-stage investor specializing in secondary shares.
Previously: Twilio, Xiaomi, iQiyi, Tilray, Livongo, Bandwidth.
Currently: Robinhood, Grab, Toss, Coursera, Epic Games, Chime, and other companies.
Contact — here, If you are a startup building in this space — email or DM me to be included on this article.
The content was collected from various open sources, approved by companies, and does not provide any one-stop recommendation for the purchase of shares. All data was used for only informational purposes and does not contain insider information that may be malicious or refuted by the company and SEC.
This communication does not represent an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities. Such an offer must be made via definitive legal documentation by the buyer or seller of securities, please check the SEC rules before buying shares from any stock-suppliers.